Happy Sunday! Hope you’re all having a great weekend so far! I’m enjoying this pre-football brunch plate of two pasture raised eggs cooked in truffle butter with roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes, @avocadoorganic avocado slices topped with everything but the bagel seasoning, and sliced cherry tomatoes 😋
When was the last time you had a DETOX??? 🥤☕️
Nope not that kind of detox 👎
I mean a social media, body image, DETOX. .
A huuuge source of our body image insecurities come from (surprise) conventional and social media. The idea that we need to “fix” things about ourselves is literally making the beauty industry BILLIONS. Our insecurities are making people money...? Ew
So here’s an alternate to feeding the “beast”. If someone pops up on your newsfeed and all they do is make you feel like 💩 and hate yourself. ✂️ cut them out. Unfollow, block, buh bye. .
You should be following people who inspire the heck out of you, and don’t make you feel like you or your body isn’t good enough. Period. If that doesn’t include me on your feed that’s totally ok! Find what makes you happy in your own online space ! You can control it and make it your own 💕
Social media is a tool that YOU control. You can make it a negative or positive force in your life, and that’s totally on you. For me, social media is a way to practice vulnerability, connect with others, and embrace my body and my flaws in ways I haven’t been able to from just watching from the sidelines. .
Your online presence can be anything you want it to be! So I hope you do something today to make your online experience happier, and more positive ☀️ and as always, I hope you smash your goals! 💕
RAINBOW BOWL🌈😍 let‘s call this game « how many different colors can I put into my bowl?😂😂 » Who else loves colorful bowls?🙈
What color would you add?🌈😏
#rainbow #buddhabowl #veggies #colors #rainbowfood #rainbowbowl #lunch #lunchidea #veganlunch #healthylunch #salad #avo #avocado #healthymeal #veganmeal #vegetables #swiss #switzerland #swissvegan #veganschweiz #vegansofswitzerland #vegan #plantbased #veganfood #vegetarian #healthyfood #glutenfree #food #healthy #foodie
Baby it’s cold outside ❄️✨
NEW! CINNAMON SUGAR PANCAKES with Apples, Honey, and Cashew Butter 🤤 it has been a loooong time since i’ve made pancakes which is equally as tragic as it is concerning. please don’t put yourself through that. these got me through 90 mins of yoga so...thank g. recipe below! enjoy 🖤 !! take it easy today! .
Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto-Friendly)
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
1 tbsp coconut sugar (can omit for keto options)
Whisk together flours, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add vanilla and almond milk. Combine wet & dry ingredients. Spoon 3 TBSP amounts onto a hot, greased pan. Makes about 5-6 medium sized pancakes. Top with sliced apples, honey/maple, nut butter, cinnamon!
5 ingredient, ultra creamy choc tahini vegan ice cream with cookie chunks by @panaceas_pantry 💜
2 x 400mL coconut cream (full fat)
1 x 400mL coconut milk
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup hulled tahini
1 Tbsp vodka (optional)
8 store-bought or homemade vegan cookies (optional)
1. The night before, put ice cream maker in the freezer, and chill the coconut cream and milk in the fridge.
2. The next day, add coconut cream, coconut milk, cacao, maple syrup and tahini to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large metal bowl, and chill in the freezer for 15 mins.
3. Remove ice cream bowl, and set up your ice cream maker, then add chilled ice cream mix and churn for approx 45 mins (or follow your ice cream makers instructions). At this stage, the mix should look like soft serve. Break up cookies (if using), and pour into the churning ice cream, and allow to incorporate (it should only take a few minutes).
4. Transfer ice cream to a 2L metal container, then use baking paper (or a reusable silicone mat, or a recycled, food-safe plastic bag) to cover the top. Freeze for at least 3 hours, before serving. #bestofvegan
Weekly grocery haul. 🛒 Everything pictured is from @aldiusa and Harris Teeter. My dinners planned include:
1. Low Carb Chili (Available on my blog)
2. Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken (From my e-cookbook)
3. Salsa Chicken (Available on my blog)
4. Mississippi Pot Roast (Available on my blog)
5. Low Carb Sloppy Joes (Available on my blog)
6. Cheesy Taco Skillet (From my e-cookbook)
7. Visit getfitlaura.com to access the blog recipes and for information about my e-book. My total for this haul was $80.53.